These days in India Diwali ‘the festival of Light’ is celebrated. It is the time of the year that coincides with the last harvest of fruits, before winter. Diwali is a very ancient Vedic tradition that honors the victory of good over evil, the light shines in the darkness and illuminates with consciousness that which is unconscious.
It is a celebration that invokes the energy of Shakti, Goddess Lakshmi. Lakshmi re-presents wealth, abundance and prosperity. Chanting to this Goddess, lighting a candle to invite the Light in our home, helps us to invite prosperity to accompany us in this vital moment.
– In these days, give yourself a space of calm, peace and meditation. Prepare your space with relaxing music or Mantras of Goddess Lakshmi.
– Light a candle with your intention, inviting light into your home.
– Close your eyes and sit in a comfortable posture, take 3 deep breaths.
– Focus your attention on your heart and listen to its beat, your music and inner rhythm.
– Visualize a flame in the center of the heart, which illuminates, with its light and warmth purifies you.
– Keep breathing and imagine how this light from the flame spreads throughout your body and cleanses the emotions.
– When you feel, open your eyes and meditate a few more minutes, observing the flame of the candle in front of you and be grateful. Feel the abundance and purification of this practice.